Forbidden Thoughts

Monday, March 31, 2008

What Makes a Family

I've thought about this quite a bit over the course of this weekend.

What makes a family?

Family has something to do with genes...it's true...but what makes members of the family special...are those you choose to have as part of your family....because blood is blood, and you can love someone and not like them. After all .... they are family. However - when someone chooses to love you...and chooses you for their family...that is completely different. That is much more special...because it is a choice, and the choice was theirs to make.

I had a mind blowing weekend...none of which included sex. I have never felt so close with someone as I did this weekend. Helping out with housework, without me even asking for help...was incredibly intoxicating...but even further...the little kisses deposited upon me...made me feel so connected...so special...and so loved.

THAT is what a family is all about. Love and affection, guidance and patience. We have a family now...and that is thanks to my angel in devil's disguise....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home